zaterdag 30 januari 2016

January Favorites

Holy crap, it's like I fell off the face of the earth for like three weeks, but hey, at least I'm back. Let's just say that exam season kicked my ass! But as a way of saying sorry for disappearing, I figured I owed you at least a favorites post! So here we go...

Favorite TV-show

Fans of the Mortal Instruments series, listen up: Shadowhunters is THE show for you to watch! Based on the book series written by Cassandra Clare, Shadowhunters is a show about a young girl named Clary whose mother gets kidnapped and who gets thrown into the world of the supernatural. There are werewolves and vampires and gay glittery warlocks, honestly, what more could a girl ask for?
The fact that the main characters are played by Dominic Sherwood, Matthew Daddario and Kat McNamara doesn't hurt either...

Favorite Movie

Again something where one of the main roles is played by Matthew Daddario... What can I say, he's a really funny actor! The movie in question is 'Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List' and I'm not even joking when I say I must've watched it twenty times this month alone. It's about Naomi and Ely, her gbff, living their lives in New York. But all goes to hell when Ely slips up and kisses Naomi's boyfriend...
Seriously, if you have an hour and a half to spare and you're into silly chickflicks, you have to watch this movie. It's pee-your-pants funny, romantic, cutesy, but it also has some deep moments, like the tough relationship between Ely's moms and the depression Naomi's mother is dealing with. All round must watch!

Favorite Book
I've been so busy with school for the past few weeks that I've gotten into a massive reading slump. So, in an attempt to get out of that, I reread one of my favorite books ever: 'Lola and the Boy next door' written by Stephanie Perkins. It's about an extravagant girl called Lola who used to have a massive crush on the boy next door. The boy in question moved away and she fell in love with her current boyfriend Max, a tough punkrocker with his own band. But what happens when the other boy becomes the boy next door again?

Favorite Artist

I've been a fan of 'Marina and the Diamonds' for a couple of years now, but the past month I've been blasting her music non stop. I actually managed to score tickets for her show next month and words can't express how excited I am for that! 

Favorite Song

My favorite song of the month without a single doubt in my mind, has been 'I love you' by 'Said The Whale'. It's actually on the soundtrack of 'Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List, to be honest that whole soundtrack is, like, the best thing ever. GO. LISTEN!

My next post will be a February playlist, so get ready for the weirdness that is my taste in music!
 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten