dinsdag 17 november 2015

Snickerdoodle cookies recipe

 My love for anything fifties and vintage doesn't end with the dresses and the music, it lives on in my hobbies as well. For example, I adore baking! I used to stick with just a simple cakemix from a box, but lately I have been experimenting with recipes I've found online. And even though I will fail quite hard with some of them (I still have nightmares of rock solid coconut macaroons), most of them turn out wonderful. Example number 1, my snickerdoodle cookies!

I made a big batch of these to take with me when I went over to a friend's house for a Netflix-binge and she actually asked me to leave the leftovers there, because she liked them so much. I count that as a sign of approval!

Now, I have to admit this isn't my own recipe, as I said earlier I get always all my recipes from the web. This one is from Joy of Baking. If you like baking and stuff, I highly recommend you check out this website, she has tons and tons of basically every sweet treat you can think of, also, she has a youtube channel to make the recipes even easier to follow!
  
What you're going to need:
- 360 grams of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 227 grams of softened butter
- 300 gram of simple white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla (super important)
- 66 grams of white sugar, mixed with two to three teaspoons of cinnamon for the coating

How to make the cookies
1. First, you're going to mix the butter and the sugar together until they're light and smooth.
2. Then you need to add the eggs, one at a time and beat in between. After they're incorporated, add the vanilla and mix that in.
3. Then come your dry ingredients (aka the flour, the salt and the baking powder), mix these in really well, you don't want lumps! This mixture is quite soft for a dough, so you need to put it in the fridge for 1 1/2 hours.
3. Once the dough is nice and cold, you take it out and form little balls about 2,5 cm wide. Roll the balls through the mixed sugar and cinnamon and put them on a baking tray. Flatten the balls until they're about a centimeter thick, so they look more like cookies. 
4.Now you're going to bake them for nine minutes at 190 degrees Celsius and that's it! Easy right?

I've tried this recipe multiple times now, so I can honestly that they're so worth it!      

 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten